10,000 euros in the donation pot for Ukraine aid
Right at the beginning of the Ukraine war, we called for donations under the motto "Ukraine: Jena helps!" In the meantime, 10,000 euros have been collected in the donation pot and we would like to pass on this money quickly to initiatives or organizations active in Jena who are working to help refugees.
Eligible projects should meet the following criteria:
- The following purposes are supported: meeting, education, culture, leisure activities.
- It is important that the offers reach a large number of people, that they are also open to refugees from other countries.
- Individual case assistance and projects outside of Jena and the Saale-Holzland district are excluded.
- Maximum funding amount: 750€.
- Only one application per project. Different projects of the same applicant can be funded.
The eligibility for funding is decided by a committee that meets at short notice, consisting of:
- Luise Zimmermann
- Wolfgang Volkmer
- Olga Goldschmidt
- Daniela Englert
- Barbara Albrethsen-Keck
Projects funded in April 2022
- Kindersprachbrücke: Easter holiday language course with 600 €
- Freundeskreis Göschwitz: Pillows for the cots in the gym with 145 €
- WeltRaum: Create passport photo and form help with 500 €